Our Games Our Code
Sarsfields GAA Club and are committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. We shall take all practicable steps to protect them from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and shall respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
Our role and our responsibility is to ensure that they benefit from and participate in our Gaelic Games in a safe and enjoyable environment and where our Games are conducted in a spirit of fair play where everyone working on our behalf emphasises respect, equality, safety and non discrimination in all aspects of our work with children and young people.
WE DO THIS BY;
• Recognising that all children have the right to be protected from harm.
• Ensuring that all our coaches and volunteers are carefully recruited and selected in accordance with our own guidelines and relevant legislative requirements and that they accept responsibility for ensuring the wellbeing of children in their care.
• Responding swiftly and appropriately to any allegations or concerns so as to protect the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities.
• Appointing Children’s Officers in each of our Clubs and at County Board level.
• Appointing a National Children’s Officer to oversee the implementation of good child protection and welfare practices within our Associations.
• Appointing a Designated Officer in each Club and County who will liaise with the statutory authorities as appropriate.
• Appointing a National Designated Officer to assist, advise and oversee the processing of child protection and welfare matters.
• Providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice their concerns.
• Ensuring that all allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance the Association Guidelines and relevant legislation.
• Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection and Welfare procedures and related policies on an on-going basis.
• Ensuring that members, coaches, team mentors, administrators, parents/guardians and spectators sign up to and adhere to our Code of Behaviour.
• Promoting the Give Respect - Get Respect initiative at all levels within our Associations.
1. Our Games-Our Code
2. Code of Behaviour (Underage)
3. Dealing with Alleged Breaches of the Code of Best Practice in Youth Sport
4. Dealing with Allegations of Abuse